Saturday, April 13, 2013

Filler

This week, everyone seemed to ask me what I was reading, and I found myself wishing I had something more substantial to tell them. I was reading Maskerade, by Terry Pratchett. Which, I enjoyed immensely. I do enjoy Terry Pratchett. And when I say that his books are filler, I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that they are reliable literature that I'm sure to enjoy. I actually picked it up because I was having a hard time making progress in the book I was reading. Anyway, it is good to have books you can fall back on when nothing is calling your name. I've also been falling back on Wodehouse, which is a new fun fall back. Agatha Christie is a fallback for me, too. And re-reading favorites is always a good option.

Anyway, I'm enjoying what I am reading, but I feel like there is something I'm craving--like a food craving, only with literature--and I can't figure out what it is. Nothing is striking my fancy. I just need to browse or figure out what it is. Hopefully I'll have more success at that than I've had with figuring out what I'm craving food-wise. I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment